Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Quick and easy appetizer that tastes and looks like it was prepared by an expensive caterer! Ever since my dear friend NCMysteryShopper sent me some Black Olive Paste for Christmas, I have been searching for just the right recipe to try it out! VIOLA! Revised from a recipe found on epicurious.com.
Top Review by MaMere
These are ADDICTIVE! Love this recipe, and it is super easy..I followed recipe but sprinkled with Sea Salt instead of kosher..Wonderful recipe mama's kitchen! Made for holiday P-A-R-T-Y tag game
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons black olive paste (preferably not tapenade)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 400°F
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 10-inch-long rope on a lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands, stretching as needed, then pat lightly to flatten slightly.
- Spread top of each rope with 1/2 teaspoon olive paste, then fold in half. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, twist folded dough, stretching it slightly, into a 6-inch twist, then transfer to 1 of 2 baking sheets, pressing ends lightly onto parchment to keep twists from untwisting.
- Brush twists generously with egg white and sprinkle with cumin and kosher salt, pressing to help adhere.
- Bake twists, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden, 22 to 24 minutes total.
- Transfer twists to a rack and cool to just warm.
- Twists (without egg white and seeds) can be prepared 2 hours ahead and chilled, covered. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before coating with egg white and seeds and baking.