1/2 Photos of Twisted Black Olive Breadsticks
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Quick and easy appetizer that tastes and looks like it was prepared by an expensive caterer! Ever since my dear friend NCMysteryShopper sent me some Black Olive Paste for Christmas, I have been searching for just the right recipe to try it out! VIOLA! Revised from a recipe found on epicurious.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Cut dough into 12 equal pieces.
- 4Roll each piece into a 10-inch-long rope on a lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands, stretching as needed, then pat lightly to flatten slightly.
- 5Spread top of each rope with 1/2 teaspoon olive paste, then fold in half. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 6Working with 1 piece at a time, twist folded dough, stretching it slightly, into a 6-inch twist, then transfer to 1 of 2 baking sheets, pressing ends lightly onto parchment to keep twists from untwisting.
- 7Brush twists generously with egg white and sprinkle with cumin and kosher salt, pressing to help adhere.
- 8Bake twists, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden, 22 to 24 minutes total.
- 9Transfer twists to a rack and cool to just warm.
- 11Twists (without egg white and seeds) can be prepared 2 hours ahead and chilled, covered. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before coating with egg white and seeds and baking.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twisted Black Olive Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough
black olive paste