Recipe by Pumpkie
I got this recipe from a co-worker, her family calls it Johnny mazetti, it is a wonderful comfort meal, I skip mushrooms because of my kids. Served with bread its always a welcome meal in my family
Top Review by Jenny H.
I'm giving this a five not because it is gourmet cuisine or anything, but because my pantry has a lot more space now and the results of this dish, as DH put it were "very addictive". I was short on noodles, so I used the noodles from 2 boxes of mac and cheese and it seemed to be the perfect amount! I WILL be making this again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 box cooked and drained ronzoni cappelletti pasta or 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -3 clove garlic, minced or chopped (per taste)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can petite chopped tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- cook noodles according to box, drain and set aside.
- brown meat in large skillet, drain fat and add noodles and set aside.
- in same skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender.
- add to beef and noodle mixture.
- stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese and mix well, I mix milk and tomato soup before adding with rest of ingredients.
- add 1/2 of cheese and mix.
- put into 3 qt casserole dish, sprayed with pam sprinkle with rest of cheese and cover.
- bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until hot in center, if you like cheese crispy uncover for 5-10 minutes.