1/2 Photos of Twisted A.1. Cherry Chicken Enchiladas #A1
1 hr 25 mins
Chef #1433777's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A.1. sauce, shredded chicken thighs, and two types of cheese are encased in corn tortillas and enrobed in a dark chocolate cherry-studded enchilada sauce for a brand new twist on the traditional! Zesty, tangy, savory, and just a little sweet, these enchiladas are perfect on a cold night or with a frosty margarita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted fresh bing cherry
- 1 cup diced red onion, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 19 ounces medium red enchilada sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- 2 cups cooked shredded boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Liberally coat a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Place oil in medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Add cherries, 1/2 cup onion, and chili powder to pan with oil. Cook, stirring constantly, until onions have softened and cherries have begun to release their juices, approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low. Pour enchilada sauce into pan with cherry mixture, stirring to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to simmer. Sprinkle chocolate in pan with sauce, stirring until chocolate melts and sauce is uniform. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken and A.1 sauce. Add remaining 1/2 cup onion, salt, pepper, garlic, sour cream, cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese to bowl. Stir vigorously until combined.
- 4Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of prepared pan to coat. Place several tablespoons chicken mixture in the center of one corn tortilla, rolling around filling and placing in pan, seam-side down. Repeat until all 16 tortillas have been filled and rolled, and pan is full. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, covering evenly.
- 5Sprinkle enchiladas with remaining cheeses. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and place in oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle tomatoes over enchiladas. Return to oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until bubbly. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twisted A.1. Cherry Chicken Enchiladas #A1
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 1308.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken thighs
A.1. Original Sauce