Recipe by Mommy Diva
These are a great party idea for Super Bowl or anytime and are definitely a kid pleaser!! Another thank you to Rachel Ray!!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) canpillsbury pizza dough, in refrigerated section
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- unflavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saucepot over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of EVOO, add the onions, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, stirring every now and then until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the fire-roasted tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a bubble and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once the sauce is going, unroll the pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface and stretch to make an even rectangle.
- In an even layer, on half of the dough, place the pepperoni down leaving a 1-inch border and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the other half of the dough over and press the edges gently down seal.
- With your hands, gently pat down the folded dough.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut 8 to 10 thin strips, about 1-inch thick.
- Holding each end of the strip, twist it a few times and place on a baking sheet.
- Spray the entire tray, including the twists, with cooking spray and place in the oven until golden brown in color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Enjoy! ;).