Recipe by Crazy Granny
These colorful pinwheels are a fast item for an appetizer tray, but they also make a tasty lunch and are very kid friendly. ----This was an entry in RSC #10.
Top Review by SweetySJD
This was my first time making pinwheels of any kind. I thought they turned out very well. I used 'garden spinach herb' tortillas which added a beautiful green color to them. I think that the chicken could be left out, I didn't feel like it did much for the recipe, and then it would be vegetarian as well. I took them to a potluck and got many compliments. I definately recommend making them ahead and wrapping and chilling them, it makes them much easier to slice and gives it time for the flavors to blend. Thanks!
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 6 baby carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese (low fat is fine)
- 1 (5 ounce) can cooked chicken, well drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 6 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely dice all veggies.
- Stir in grated cheese and salsa.
- Beat in cream cheese.
- Stir in well drained chicken and spices.
- Spread on 6 flour tortillas taking care to spread evenly and to the edges. Roll tightly. Note: The rolls can be prepared ahead by tightly wrapping the individual rolls in plastic wrap at this point.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Slice before serving. Cut each roll into 1 inch slices carefully to preserve the round shape.