Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Published in Midwest Living magazine. Courtesy of Tomfooleries Restaurant in Kansas City. Haven't made it yet, but it is on the menu for our Thanksgiving festivities. Has a chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely snipped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup, water and ginger; mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vodka; cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain mixture; discard ginger.
- Pour into a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour champagne down the side of bowl, stir gently and serve immediately.