Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Published in Midwest Living magazine. Courtesy of Tomfooleries Restaurant in Kansas City. Haven't made it yet, but it is on the menu for our Thanksgiving festivities. Has a chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely snipped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne, chilled
- In a saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup, water and ginger; mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil; lower heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vodka; cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain mixture; discard ginger.
- Pour into a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour champagne down the side of bowl, stir gently and serve immediately.