Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have created a vet approved dog food recipe. My pups love it and it is simple to make. Shiny coat and better breath.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean beef
- 2 cups brown rice (steamed)
- 1 cup carrot (steamed)
- 2 (10 ounce) cansof unsalted green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 (4 ounce) jarschicken vegetable baby food
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli, steamed
- Fry meat in a skillet until done.
- Steam rice and carrots and broccoli.
- In a food processor process rice ,broccoli and carrots until fine. Add the green beans to prossesor and chop fine. Add in a mixing bowl all ingredients meat, veggies and rice. Add a little juice from your green beans to soften mix. Scoop out in little containers to freeze. Will thaw in frig in about 24 hours. Serve the same amount that you would in dry food. I will sometimes scramble one egg for 40 seconds in the microwave to add to one feeding. For variety you could use chicken and lowfat cottage cheese 2 tbs per serving. I add rosemary and baby food to browned meat to make a gravy.This recipe lasts about a week for two small dogs 11 and 6 lbs. You may adjust amounts depending on the size of your baby. Stay away from onions, garlic , grapes, raisins and nutmeg. These items are harmful to dogs. This recipe has been changed to suit Twinkle's tatebuds. Rosemary, baby food and broccoli were added after the first two reviews. She can't get enough and she still remains svelte.
Do you offer a vitamin supplement? I'm not seeing any calcium. Are you feeding actual puppies or toy adult dogs? If the "Nutrition Facts" box is correct, the protein levels are terribly low; should be around 40-50% of daily diet.
Although broccoli in minimal amounts is good for dogs large amounts such as half a pound is too much for their digestive system. You may think gas is the worst that broccoli can cause your dog but you would be wrong.
My dog has been enjoying this recipe for 6 months now. I leave out the rosemary. He was a very picky eater before changing to this recipe which he loves. However, I must say since beginning to use this as his main food, his breath is worse, which I think is from the rice. Sometimes I sub the chicken veg baby food to beef vegetable baby food which also works well.