Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by LifeIsGood
I liked these but my family didn't care for them as much as I did. I think it's a great idea for a healthy dinner or lunch. I served with warmed cranberry sauce, which helped the flavor, since the ground turkey seemed a little bland to me. I think I'll try this again, adding more spices to the mixture. I still think it's such a cool idea to coat the patties in a combo of pecan pieces & potato flakes!
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small white onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stem and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind pecans in a food processor; mix pecans with instant potato flakes in a shallow dish.
- Place turkey in a bowl; grate onion over and into the same bowl with a handheld grater.
- Add in parsley, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat; coat patties in potato-nut mixture.
- Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with plenty of cranberry sauce.