Recipe by Julie Tremmel
As with most of our favorite recipes this one is loaded with yummy cheeses. We don't wait for the weather to warm before we start grilling and these are the perfect side dish for those steaks or burgers.
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup feta, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice a thin layer off the top of each potato. Scoop out the filling into a large bowl being careful not to tear the skin of the potato.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the potato pulp reserving about 1/4 cup of the cheddar in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Fill the potato skins. Sprinkle with the reserved cheddar. If desired sprinkle potatoes with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheddar is melted and potatoes are heated through.
- Serve with sour cream or salsa if desired.