Recipe by ROBIN PENA
Imagine--twice baked potatoes on a work night!
Top Review by RonaNZ
Great recipe for a quick weekend lunch. It filled us up nicely. I only had medium sized potatoes so I did 5 for the two of us and halved the other ingredients (except the egg of course). It made a nice creamy filling. I used smoked chicken instead bacon since that's what I had.
- 4 large idaho potatoes
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pierce potatoes.
- Cook in microwave until a knife will go all the way through potato easily (times will depend on size of potatoes and microwave wattage, but about 10 minutes or so is the average for me).
- Cut top off each potato lengthwise.
- Scoop out most of potato flesh trying not to go all the way through skin.
- In large mixing bowl add potato, green onions, cheddar cheese (reserve some for top), egg, bacon, sour cream, and salt & pepper (remember to add plenty of salt).
- Smoosh everything together with a potato masher.
- Add mixture back to skins, mounding it up.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Nuke again until cheese is melted (about 3 minutes).
- Note: I do all of this while the potatoes are still hot so that the egg gets a little pre-cooking from the heat of the potatoes and that, combined with the 3 minutes in the microwave, will cook the egg just fine. Remember that microwaves cook from the inside out so the egg will be cooked before the cheese melts.