Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Grilled chicken and sautéed veggies wrapped in a flour tortilla that's then grilled crisp. Oh, there are many great fajita seasoning mixes on food.com.
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix (more to taste if desired)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast (can use chicken tenders)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers or 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, softened
- sour cream (optional)
- monterey jack cheese (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Combine first five ingredients; mix well. Add chicken to marinade and marinate 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove meat from marinade. Heat grill and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes on each breast side. Tenders may take less time.
- Remove to cutting board and slice into long strips.
- While meat is cooking, lightly sauté the onion and peppers in reserved marinade. (Note: You can sauté on the grill in a cast-iron skillet.).
- Place some of the chicken and onion/pepper mixture on each flour tortillas. You can add cheese, also, Roll tortilla around filling and if necessary, fasten with a wooden pick to keep fajita together.
- Place rolled fajitas back on grill and baste with reserved marinade. Cook just until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and guacamole, if desired.