1 hr 10 mins
Grilled chicken and sautéed veggies wrapped in a flour tortilla that's then grilled crisp. Oh, there are many great fajita seasoning mixes on food.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix (more to taste if desired)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast (can use chicken tenders)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers or 2 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, softened
- sour cream (optional)
- monterey jack cheese (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- 1Combine first five ingredients; mix well. Add chicken to marinade and marinate 30 to 60 minutes.
- 2Remove meat from marinade. Heat grill and cook until done, about 4-5 minutes on each breast side. Tenders may take less time.
- 3Remove to cutting board and slice into long strips.
- 4While meat is cooking, lightly sauté the onion and peppers in reserved marinade. (Note: You can sauté on the grill in a cast-iron skillet.).
- 5Place some of the chicken and onion/pepper mixture on each flour tortillas. You can add cheese, also, Roll tortilla around filling and if necessary, fasten with a wooden pick to keep fajita together.
- 6Place rolled fajitas back on grill and baste with reserved marinade. Cook just until golden brown on all sides.
- 7Serve with sour cream, cheese and guacamole, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.6
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 942.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix