Ok, so the title may be a little deceiving. The potatoes are only fried once, but the ingredients are in the spirit of a twice baked potato. This plate can certainly stand alone, but goes great with everything from eggs to meatloaf and anything else you want to pair it with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After peeling and cutting the potato, place in a small or medium pot of cold water then bring the water to a boil. I like to use minced onion (the dried onions found in the spice aisle) in the water also. Boil until the potatoes are just tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
- 2While the potatoes are boiling, place 1 Tbsp butter in a pan coating the bottom of the pan. Add the onions and saute until just translucent and tender.
- 3Chop and cook (or cook then chop) the bacon. I would recommend not mixing the bacon and onion. When the bacon is done cooking, place on a paper towel to drain and set aside for now.
- 4When the potatoes are tender, drain them, add remaining 3 Tbsp butter and potatoes to the pan with the onions. Cook until potatoes are slightly crunchy on the outside, but do not over-cook.
- 5When potatoes have about 2 minutes remaining to cook, spread them out across the bottom of the pan and cover with cheese. Put lid on pan and allow cheese to melt.
- 6Transfer potatoes to plate, topping with bacon and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Fried Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1272.0
- Calories from Fat 870
- Total Fat 96.7 g
- Saturated Fat 48.8 g
- Cholesterol 207.1 mg
- Sodium 1387.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 25.4 g