Recipe by DallasDiva22
Found this recipe in a Family Circle magazine back in the 80's when I first got married. It fast became a favorite in our house, served with oven baked fries and Southern cole slaw.
- 1 (3 lb) rack spareribs
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut in thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Ask the butcher to cut rack of spareribs into individual ribs and saw crosswise into 1 1/2 inches pieces.
- Drop into 4 quarts boiling water. Lower heat; simmer 30 minute Drain. Dry with paper toweling.
- Combine vinegar, catsup, sugar, soy sauce, water and cornstarch in bowl. Reserve.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Add onion and green pepper; stir-fry 2 minute Add spareribs and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute Add catsup sauce; cook 2 minute or untill bubbly.