Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 large potatoes
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 whole green onions
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup mild or medium cheddar
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- Peel and then boil potatoes, adding 1/4 of the stick of butter while cooking.
- when potatoes are fork tender strain water and let cool 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes in large mixing bowl and add 1/4 stick of butter,1/4 cup of whole milk,salt and pepper then mix until no lumps are left.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Dice your green onions and sauté slightly.
- Then mix onions and the bacon (crushed) into the potatoes.
- Put potato mix into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Then add both cheeses layered pepper jack then cheddar.
- Cook at 350° until cheese is melted.
this was very good,comfort food everyone liked it even my 5 year old nephew who dosent really like much of anything but fast food.