1 hr 15 mins
I adopted this recipe when Mean Chef (IHHDRO) left the site. I haven't yet prepared it, but believe that it would be a wonderful change of pace chicken dish and full of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 295.73 ml Italian parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 44.37-59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 14.79 ml cumin, freshly ground
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 1 hot red pepper, fresh, minced
- 44.37 ml dry sherry
- 29.58 ml dry white wine (like chardonnay)
- 1Mix garlic, parsley, turmeric, salt and pepper in a mortar; grind until a paste is formed; coat chicken pieces with paste; refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 2Brown chicken in oil and remove to a plate.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Discard all but 2 tbl of fat from pan; add remaining ingredients and saute until onion is translucent and just beginning to caramelize- 8-10 minutes.
- 5Place chicken on a rack over a baking dish/pan and pour onion mixture over both sides of chicken allowing drippings to fall into baking dish.
- 6Pour any juices from chicken plate over chicken.
- 7Roast for about 40 minutes until chicken is slightly crispy and done.
- 8Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 9prepare sauce: scrape bits from bottom of baking dish into a saute pan; add black pepper, chicken stock, white wine, paprika and ginger; reduce to1/3 cup- stirring frequently.
- 10Serve sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice-Cooked Marrakech Red Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.8
- Calories from Fat 584
- Total Fat 64.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 245.1 mg
- Sodium 311.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 60.6 g