Recipe by Frugal Momma
I make this chicken from my leftover, roasted chicken for tacos or my yummy, Yogurt Enchiladas.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (dark or white meat)
- 4 cups water (that's right)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 12 in skillet, add water and seasonings, and cook on high heat until water starts to boil and absorb into the chicken.
- Turn heat down to med-low and work your chicken with a wooden spatula to break it up, until it all of the water is absorbed.
- The finished product should look like shredded chicken. You may have to add more water. The chicken WILL absorb it. It's pretty hard to drown.