Beautifully soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, these little potatoes are a treat! Using a garlic or herb-infused olive oil would really take them over the top, or try tossing in a bit of fresh herbs at the end. Delicious!
- Wash potatoes.
- Boil potatoes about 15 minutes or until just tender, and drain.
- Coat with olive oil and let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Using the flat bottom of a small saucepan gently press down on each potato until it flattens slightly and the skin splits
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I prefer kosher salt.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until the potatoes are browned to your taste.
I used chili infused avocado oil with a few slivers of butter instead of olive oil. I grilled them instead of baking since the potatoes were technically already cooked. I also added some dry Italian herbs after grilling. Yum!
I loved the method for making these but mine didn't crisp up at all and I baked them for 30 minutes. Mine were also lacking in salt so next time I will add that with the olive oil so the potatoes are salted all over.
mmmm, amazing was the verdict from my husband and kids! I used your technique for making them but added Parmesan and some crushed garlic. I also cooked them longer in the oven to make them extra crispy as we like them, the middle was still nice and soft though. I don't buy baby potatoes often because they are so expensive compared to buying a big bag of Russets, but they are my hubby's favorite so when I found them cheaper than usual at Walmart I decided to treat him, and a treat it was! I used half Yellow and half Red, and I hope Walmart keeps them cheap because I think they are our new favorite potato dish!