1 hr 15 mins
After cutting the flapjacks, they go back into the oven and become chewy, crunchy and gooey all at once! Sensational!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 160C/325F.
- 2Melt the butter over a medium heat in a large pan and add the sugar, syrup and salt.
- 3Once completely melted and combined and almost foaming add the chopped bananas and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the oats, turn off the heat and mix well.
- 5Put the mixture into an ovenproof dish lined with clingfilm (this is a chefs trick, don't worry it won't melt).
- 6Bake for 25 minutes, cut into squares whilst still in the dish and allow to cool until 'set'
- 7Now set the oven to 140C/275F.
- 8Carefully turn the flapjacks out of the dish and slice properly.
- 9Place them individually, directly onto the oven shelf and bake for around 30 minutes to allow them to caramelize and dry out a little. Bake longer for even crunchier and chewier results.
- 10One of life's dreams come true!
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Toffee Banana Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.4
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 90.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g