Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was on food network show Down Home with the Neely's. Posting for safe keeping.
- 6 sweet potatoes, even in size and scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray and bake for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Split potatoes and remove the flesh to a medium sized bowl, reserving skins. In another bowl, add brown sugar, butter and cream cheese and the all of the spices and mash with a fork or rubber spatula.
- Add the butter and cream cheese mixture to the sweet potato flesh and fold in completely. Add the filling back to the potato skins and place on a half sheet tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I baked a sweet potato on the grill several days ago. I wrapped the potato in foil and added a little bit of butter. Today, I cut the potato in half, scooped out the center, and added the ingredients listed in this recipe. DELICIOUS! I m
Mmmm, made this for Easter.