Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are definitely tasty as a lightened up side-dish for Thanksgiving dinner, but we love these so much we have them often. They are easy to make ahead and just reheat. Packed with nutrition, they are oh, so good!
- 2 large yams or 2 large sweet potatoes
- 56.69 g low-fat cream cheese
- 29.58 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml sugar substitute (or brown sugar)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 4 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 425, cut yams in half lengthwise and place in baking dish sprayed with Pam. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until soft.
- Scoop out insides and mix with everything except marshmallows. Divide marshmallows into small pieces and top potatoes. Bake for 8 minutes more until browned.
This was a huge hit tonight. I slow baked the sweet potatoes like I always do (#275256), then I scooped out the flesh, mixed in everything except the sugar, and baked it in a dish. Miniature marshmallows are preferred in my house, so I sprinkled about a half cup of those on top. It was fantastic. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe.
Calif.Jan... you must be from the midwest... these little pups are entirely too good to be from a Calif. or Az. cook (that means me.). LOL These make me think of my Aunt Ruby who, in the 50's, made a similar tatter, but without such things as low fat cream cheese, etc. DH declined, so that just left more for me, his loss, my gain. Thanks for a great recipe and such sweet thoughts from my childhood past. I'm back to the market for more sweet tatters. tagged in holiday tag! OH... yumm.