Recipe by CaliforniaJan
These are definitely tasty as a lightened up side-dish for Thanksgiving dinner, but we love these so much we have them often. They are easy to make ahead and just reheat. Packed with nutrition, they are oh, so good!
Top Review by veggie_mama
This was a huge hit tonight. I slow baked the sweet potatoes like I always do (#275256), then I scooped out the flesh, mixed in everything except the sugar, and baked it in a dish. Miniature marshmallows are preferred in my house, so I sprinkled about a half cup of those on top. It was fantastic. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe.
- 2 large yams or 2 large sweet potatoes
- 56.69 g low-fat cream cheese
- 29.58 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml sugar substitute (or brown sugar)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 4 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425, cut yams in half lengthwise and place in baking dish sprayed with Pam. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until soft.
- Scoop out insides and mix with everything except marshmallows. Divide marshmallows into small pieces and top potatoes. Bake for 8 minutes more until browned.