Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A wonderful side dish for your holiday dinner. Baked sweet potatoes are topped and rebaked with a mixture that features brown sugar, pecans and mini marshmallows. Yummy!
- 12 small sweet potatoes (8oz ea)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Pierce potatoes, place on baking sheet and bake at 400° for 60 minutes or until done.
- In medium size bowl, combine the butter and sugar until well blended.
- Gradually stir in pecans, marshmallows and flour until mixture forms loose crumbs.
- Remove potatoes from oven and slash each one lengthwise.
- Gently push ends together to open the slash.
- Stuff opening of each potato with marshmallow mixture.
- Bake at 400° for about 5 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown.
- Be careful not to let marshmallows burn.