Recipe by Sue Lau
Adapted from tips for sweet potatoes in Fine Cooking 11/06. Great for using leftover baked sweet potatoes in their jackets. nt
Top Review by MsSally
This was so good. I was out of sour cream so I used 1 pc of laughing cow cheese (like cream cheese) and used cheddar cheese. By far the best way to fix sweet potatoes. My non sweet potatoe liking DH even said I really like these. Great job on a good recipe.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, fully baked in their jackets
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml grated asiago cheese
- 3 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chopped shallots in olive oil until they soften and begin to caramelize; do not burn.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out soft flesh.
- Mash sweet potatoes in a bowl with cooked shallots, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and grated cheese.
- Fill empty potato shells with mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes to one hour, or until potatoes are hot and toasty on top.