Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fabulous side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other day you want to jazz up your meal! I made it up a few Chrimases ago 'cause I was bored with plain ol sweet potatoes. Great with Ham, Turkey, Pork & Beef.
- 2 -3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pecans, if you like
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Precook sweet potatoes in microwave.
- (unless you want this to take all day).
- Mix room temperature butter & cream cheese.
- Add pecans if you like.
- Let sit 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Remove sweet potatoes from microwave. Cut almost in half like - like a butterfly cut.
- Scoop out all the potatoes.
- Add to cream cheese, butter & brown sugar mix.
- Stir until potatoes are small lumps. Or more if you want them creamier.
- Put mixture back in potato skins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned on top.
First let me say that for us, three sweet potatoes would have made six servings, especially when served with a full meal, so (again, for us) the nutritional facts were way off! Nevertheless, I cut the recipe back so I could use just two sweet potatoes, which gave us two servings fresh from the oven & another two as leftovers, & they were just as good then as the first time around! Very easy to make, & id did toast & then chop the almonds! A very nice keeper of a recipe, thanks to you posting it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]