Recipe by Mz Red
This is a fabulous side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other day you want to jazz up your meal! I made it up a few Chrimases ago 'cause I was bored with plain ol sweet potatoes. Great with Ham, Turkey, Pork & Beef.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
First let me say that for us, three sweet potatoes would have made six servings, especially when served with a full meal, so (again, for us) the nutritional facts were way off! Nevertheless, I cut the recipe back so I could use just two sweet potatoes, which gave us two servings fresh from the oven & another two as leftovers, & they were just as good then as the first time around! Very easy to make, & id did toast & then chop the almonds! A very nice keeper of a recipe, thanks to you posting it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 2 -3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pecans, if you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Precook sweet potatoes in microwave.
- (unless you want this to take all day).
- Mix room temperature butter & cream cheese.
- Add pecans if you like.
- Let sit 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Remove sweet potatoes from microwave. Cut almost in half like - like a butterfly cut.
- Scoop out all the potatoes.
- Add to cream cheese, butter & brown sugar mix.
- Stir until potatoes are small lumps. Or more if you want them creamier.
- Put mixture back in potato skins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned on top.