- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well drained
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve squash. Remove seeds. Place the halved squash, cut side down, in a 9x13 dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until tender.
- Remove pulp from squash, leaving a 1/4" shell in each half.
- In bowl, combine pulp, spinach, 1/2 of the Parmesan, the eggs, margarine,bacon, onion, salt and pepper.
- Fill shells with this mixture. Mix remaining cheese with breadcrumbs, sprinkle on top of squash.
- Bake at 350, 25-30 minutes.