Recipe by Kate in Ontario
If you love ranch dressing you will enjoy these.
Top Review by Cookbook Barbie
These were delicious! As fans of baked potatoes and ranch dressing, these were perfect for us. I left out the onion, because of the kids. We will make these often. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Kate!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in 400°F oven until tender (45-60 minutes).
- Cook bacon until crisp; pat dry and crumble.
- Drain almost all fat from bacon pan and cook onion until soft.
- Cut baked potatoes in half.
- Scoop out potatoes leaving 1/4" shell.
- Mash potatoes until smooth and mix in dressing, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Spoon mixture back into skins.
- Bake at 350°F until heated through.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes to brown lightly.