Recipe by miss_lirpa
I made these last night spur of the moment, veggie quantities are rough estimates as I did not actually measure them when I made this, If you like a lot use more and if not use less. I didn't use mushrooms because I didn't have at home, but added them because I would have used them if I had them. I also cooked for 2 others not on a diet, and simply mixed their potatoes in a separate bowl with the same ingredients except not fat free. Made w/ corn on the cob and boiled chard greens. Excellent!!
- 3 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup small chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- fat free butter-flavored cooking spray
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400, bake potatoes about 45 minutes. Pull potatoes out and set aside to cool just enough to handle but still warm.
- Saute onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and broccoli w/ a small amount of olive oil, season w/ salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice in 1/2 lengthwise so your potato bowl will be wider and not deeper.
- Scoop out most of the insides of potatoes making sure to leave a solid enough potato skin to fill back up.
- Combine potato in a bowl with butter spray, fat free milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste, mash together as much as possible. Add fat free cheese and sauteed veggies, mix together well.
- Fill potato skins with mixture, packing in tightly. Top off potatoes with remaining cheese.
- Bake potatoes in oven for another 10-15 minutes, changing to broil at the end until cheese browns slightly on the top.