Recipe by KathyP53
I love twice-baked potatoes in the summer with steak on the grill. This version makes has savory rosemary and makes enough for a crowd. You can substitute fresh chives for the rosemary if desired. Use a mild Roquefort or blue cheese.
- 6 (11 -12 ounce) russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature, divided
- 8 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake potatoes 30 minutes. Using fork, pierce potatoes in several places. Bake until tender, about 1 hour longer. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, microwave milk and rosemary in microwave safe cup on high heat for 45 seconds; let steep 30 minutes.
- Slicing lengthwise, cut top quarter of each potato. Scoop potato into large bowl, leaving about 1/4" of potato in skin. Scrape potato out of tops; discard tops.
- Coarsely mash potato. Add 4 tbap butter; mash. Mash in milk mixture, then Roquefort cheese (mixture will be slightly stiff). Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mash potatoes among potato shells; transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle Gruyere cheese over potatoes, pressing lightly to adhere. Dot with butter.
- Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Bake potatoes unti lhot and tops begin to brown, about 30 minutes.