Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 large baked potatoes
- 177.44 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml butter
- 29.58 ml chopped sweet onions
- 2 slice crisp bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- garlic granules
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out filling being careful not to break the skins.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients except the 1/2 c cheese with a potato masher. Mixture should be very dense.
- Place potato halves onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon mixture evenly on each potato half.
- Sprinkle cheese over the tops. (I always sprinkle a bit more bacon and green onion over the tops just before baking too).
- Bake in 350 oven till bubbling, approximately 30 minutes.
Yum, these were a great part of our Valentine's dinner. Next time I'll make extra and freeze some.
I made these with some huge Yukon Gold potatoes I found at a farmer's market and they were fantastic. I left out the onions and used up some cheese I had in the fridge, which was an Italian blend of 3 cheeses (Kraft bag, ya know?). I had a feeling these were going to be good so I made extra to store in the freezer and I'm glad I did that....for those days where I just don't feel like busting my butt over dinner. I had to leave out the onions, the husband doesn't like them but the smoked Hungarian bacon that I added really made this one cool hot potato! Thanks for posting Bev, we loved it and we'll be enjoying this again for sure.
These rock - they were the hit of our barbeque last fall - I got so many compliments!!!