Recipe by KathyP53
This makes a savory, fluffy potato that a great side for beef. My family loves with grilled steak or chicken. I make them ahead and warm them on the grill.
Top Review by LainieBug
Loved these potatoes. Very easy to make and they came out fluffy with a lightly golden top from the "bits of butter". I used reduced fat sour cream and didn't have any whipping cream so substituted Fat Free Half & Half.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub potatoes, prick all over with fork and place directly on oven rack in center of oven. Bake until tender, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Slice small portion of skin off one side of potatoes and carefully scoop out flesh. Side potato shells aside. Transfer flesh to mixing bowl. Rice or mash potato flesh.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream and stir util incorporated into potatoes. Add butter and blend well. Add salt, pepper and green onions and stir. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Spoon potato mixture into reserved potato shells. Top each with a few bits of butter. Can be made ahead and refrigerated. Allow to come to room temperature before baking.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes on baking sheet. Bake until heated through and beginning to brown on top, about 30 minutes. Can also place on grill, over indirect heat, for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.