Recipe by justcallmetoni
The great magazine clean up continues. This recipe comes from a spring issue of Vegetarian Times magazine. Looks quite lush and a great addition to the holiday menu.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 small butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons light butter or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (You can go up to 1/2 cup to suit personal taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place well scrubbed potatoes and squash halves (cut side down) on a cookie sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the white flesh into a large bowl leaving a small amount against the skin. Reserve skins for later.
- Scoop the soft cooked flesh of the squash into the bowl with the potatoes.
- Mash (not whip) the potato and squash until blended. Add in the butter and stir until melted. Add the buttermilk, chives and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set oven to broil.
- Take the reserved potato skins and place them on another baking sheet. Fill skins with the squash-potato mixture. Place pan under the broiler and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the tops of the stuffed potatoes begin to brown.