Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Twice baked potatoes are perfect to jazz up any dinner during the week.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup alouette light garlic & herbs spreadable cheese
- 4 teaspoons bacon, pieces if desired*
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, if desired
- Scrub and dry potatoes. Pierce with fork. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Or bake at.
- 350° F for 1 hour or until soft.
- Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out flesh into medium bowl, leaving ¼ inch around edge of potato.
- Mash with fork, or mix with a hand held mixer adding the egg, nutmeg, chives and Alouette until well mixed.
- Spoon back into potato shells. Top with bacon.
- Place on microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Or place on oven-safe dish and bake 15 minutes at 350° F or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- *Look for real bacon pieces in the aisle with the salad dressings. Or you could fry 1 to 2 strips of bacon very crisp, drain and crumble.