Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Twice baked potatoes are perfect to jazz up any dinner during the week.
Make and share this Twice Baked Potatoes With Alouette Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup alouette light garlic & herbs spreadable cheese
- 4 teaspoons bacon, pieces if desired*
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, if desired
- Scrub and dry potatoes. Pierce with fork. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Or bake at.
- 350° F for 1 hour or until soft.
- Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out flesh into medium bowl, leaving ¼ inch around edge of potato.
- Mash with fork, or mix with a hand held mixer adding the egg, nutmeg, chives and Alouette until well mixed.
- Spoon back into potato shells. Top with bacon.
- Place on microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Or place on oven-safe dish and bake 15 minutes at 350° F or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
- *Look for real bacon pieces in the aisle with the salad dressings. Or you could fry 1 to 2 strips of bacon very crisp, drain and crumble.