My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Most of the ingredients are to taste and also depend on the size of the potatoes.
- 2Bake potatoes as you would normally do (or as a time saver use your microwave oven).
- 3Allow potatoes to cool enough for handling (or you can do ahead of time however is is easier to scoop them out while warm).
- 4Cut each potato in half length wise.
- 5Scoop out most potato from the shell and put it into a large mixing bowl saving shells.
- 6Add the butter, garlic salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of onion, some of the bacon*, cheese* and green onions* (*youwant to reserve some of these for the garnish on top).
- 7Add enough milk to allow your mixer to work.
- 8With your hand mixer, mix all ingredients but allow the mixture to remain somewhat lumpy.
- 9(If my potato mixture has cooled before mixing, I pop the bowl into the microwave for about 2 minutes so that mixing will be easier).
- 10Now refill the potato shells with the mixture placing them on a cookie sheet and top with the remaining cheese and then bacon bits or pieces and then green onions.
- 11Pop into the oven on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes and voila!
- 12Note: These refrigerate and microwave well for leftovers so I alwasy make plenty.
- 13If my most PG& SO could have these everyday they would, they are a meal in and of themselves!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potatoes (slurp)
Serving Size: 1 (894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 86.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g