Recipe by Dadderella
This is an age-old recipe that has been modified by the wonderful PD (my better half). Easy, quick and delicious, this twice baked potato recipe is sure to render your family begging for more! Even the famous, the one and only Lindsey Loo requested the recipe! You can't get much better than that!
- 6 -8 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (flavor of your choice)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 green onions
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until nice and CRISPY. Once crispy, remove the bacon, blot off any grease and place into the freezer for quick cool-down.
- Clean, peel and dice the potatoes into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill the pot so that the water is about an inch higher than the potatoes. Add a pinch of garlic salt to the water.
- Bring the potatoes to a vigorous boil and then back the temperature down to a normal boil. Check the potatoes with a fork until the fork can glide into and out of the potatoes easily.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, combine the soft, boiled potatoes, butter, sour cream, garlic salt and pepper. Add the optional chili pepper if you'd like as well. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the bacon from the freezer and using whatever method you'd prefer, crumple up the bacon into small bits.
- Next, using a fork, fold in the crumbled bacon, green onion and a cup of cheddar cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13 oven dish with a non-stick spray (such as PAM) and spread the potato mixture evenly throughout the dish.
- Top the mixture with the 1/2 cup of remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place into the oven and let cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven on broil for 3 - 5 minutes (just enough to crisp the top).
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a bit of parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!