Recipe by Haversac
Once A Month Cooking is a great way to make a few of these potatoes, and freeze them individually. That way when you want a few, just take out what you want and thaw and bake.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Prick with a fork.
- Wrap individually in foil.
- Bake potatoes in a 425 degree oven for 40-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut in half and scoop out pulp leaving a 1/4" thick shell.
- Mix pulp with remaining ingredients, except cheese. Add a tablespoon of milk at a time making sure that the mix is still very thick. The freezing process will make the mix softer.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells, sprinkle with cheese and wrap individually with press-n-seal. Place in Freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To eat: Unwrap, thaw, and place uncovered on baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or til lightly browned.