Prep 50 mins
Cook 27 mins
Twice Baked Potatoes (Microwave)
Make and share this Twice-Baked Potatoes (Microwave) recipe from Food.com.
- Pierce well-scrubbed potatoes twice.
- Place 1 inch apart on paper towel in microwave oven.
- Microwave at HIGH 10-1/2 to 12-1/2 minutes, or until just softened, rearranging and turning over after half the cooking time.
- Let stand, covered with a bowl, for 5 minutes.
- Place bacon on paper towel lined plate. Cover with paper towel.
- Microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes, or until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towel; crumble.
- Place butter and green onion in 2 quart casserole; cover.
- Microwave at HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until butter is melted and onion is tender.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out center; place in casserole with onion-butter and bacon.
- Add milk, salt and pepper; mash until fluffy.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Arrange on paper towel-lined microwaveable baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Microwave at HIGH 3 to 7 minutes, or until heated, rotating 1/2 turn.
- Garnish with additional chopped green onion, if desired.
The only thing I did differently was to finish the potatoes in the oven. It only take about 10 minutes for the second baking and it makes them almost as good as using the oven the whole time.
A great dinnertime solution, I'll be adding this to my rotation of regular meals that I make frequently! I feed picky eaters, and this is a recipe that will consistently make everyone happy with a minimum of fuss and effort. This recipe is so much simpler in the microwave and nobody could tell that I had "cheated'. Although - just to take note - just because it is the microwave doesn't mean it doesn't take time. There are many things to microwave in several different sessions, and microwaving potatoes takes some time.
Easy, but as usual when made in the microwave, not as good as in the oven. The skins of the potatoes were tough and the potatoes were overdone cooking them as long as you said. I guess it depends on the wattage of your microwave, because the times here were way too long, resulting in a not so great tasting baked potato as posted,