Recipe by appetizerqueen
Easy and yummy. Great for when it is too hot for baking. Can easily be wrapped up and reheated as leftovers. The cream cheese adds a little something different. Makes a great, quick meal if you add a small salad.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
WOW is all I can say. I made these in a pinch because I did not have time for the oven. TZehya re great! I did crisp up in the oven for about 15 minutes, the last 5 I added shredded cheddar cheese to top off. I plan to make a huge bag and went and bout a 15 lb. pag of king size russetts to make them with. Thank you for a great recipe.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- grated cheese (optional) or bacon bits (optional) or chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce skins of potatoes with fork.
- Place potatoes in microwave cooking 9-12 minutes, or until done. Turn 1/2 way through cooking.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out the insides into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat until smooth. (You can use a hand mixer but a spoon or fork works just as well.).
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Heat in microwave and additional 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with your favorite toppings.