Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Twice baked potatoes
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, sliced
- Place potatoes in slow cooker, and cover with salted water.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours or until tender, then drain well.
- Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher until almost smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Continue mashing until smooth.
- Stir in 1 Celsius of the cheese and half the bacon.
- Return mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2 hours, or on High for 1 hour.
- Spread evenly into a baking dish.
- Use a spatula or fork to make an irregular surface.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Place under broiler for 4-5 minutes to melt cheese and brown top. (Note: If you don’t have access to an oven, you can return to the slow cooker instead. The cheese will melt but will not brown.).
- Serve immediately.