Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Company worthy delicious potatoes! Can be a make ahead up to last baking, then finished at dinner time.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- paprika (to garnish)
- Bake potatoes at 425° for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender.
- Slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides, leaving thin shell of potato.
- Mix potatoes with rest of ingredients until creamy.
- Pile mixture into potato shells.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake, covered at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
These were so easy to make ahead and very good too. The flavor was a little more tangy than I expected, but maybe that was the brand of alfredo sauce I used. I think they would be delicious with some sauteed or canned mushrooms mixed in. I used a mushroom alfredo sauce, so there were mushrooms, but I'd love more of them. A yummy and convenient recipe. Thanks!
Very flavorful potatoes my family loved them. I like the combination of cheddar and mozzarella with just a hint of garlic. I found that the potato mixture was a bit thin next time I make this I will reduce the alfredo sauce by half see if that firms the potato. I agree very company worthy dish. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for the potato/pasta challenge in the cooking photo fourm.
I just adore this new way to do twice baked potatoes. Perfect for those who do not like sour cream or just want something a little different. I used 1 envelope Knorr Alfredo made to package directions and 3 large potatoes and a little more cheese. The filling was still VERY soft and oozed over abit but was still wonderful all the same.