Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These potatoes are a big favorite of my family and friends. I am often asked to make them for different dinners because they are so delicious.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, any type (real ones work best)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Bake potatoes in microwave about 10-12 minutes or until you can easily insert a fork.
- Slice each one open and allow to cool slightly until you can touch them.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in 1 table spoon of butter until onions are translucent.
- Scoop out the meat of the potatoes and dump into the skillet along with the sautéed vegetables.
- Reserve potato skins.
- Add milk and butter and mash.
- It should be the consistency of lumpy mashed potatoes and you may have to add a little more milk or butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place the potato skins in a casserole dish.
- Stuff the skins with the potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes longer.
These potatos are fabulous, DH had seconds, plus he took them to work the next day, made them with creamy pork tenderloin, even my fussy 5 year old enjoyed them, thanks!
These were so good. I made them as a side dish, next time they will be the main course. They were that good.
These are magical! I made them exactly as stated and they were gone. The next day I was "told" I was making them again because they were so good! I've also done this as a mashed dish to save some time. I add boiled potatos to the fry pan with the other ingredients, mash them up and serve them as is...mmmmm!