Recipe by TDUB
These potatoes are a big favorite of my family and friends. I am often asked to make them for different dinners because they are so delicious.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits, any type (real ones work best)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in microwave about 10-12 minutes or until you can easily insert a fork.
- Slice each one open and allow to cool slightly until you can touch them.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in 1 table spoon of butter until onions are translucent.
- Scoop out the meat of the potatoes and dump into the skillet along with the sautéed vegetables.
- Reserve potato skins.
- Add milk and butter and mash.
- It should be the consistency of lumpy mashed potatoes and you may have to add a little more milk or butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place the potato skins in a casserole dish.
- Stuff the skins with the potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes longer.