1/1 Photo of Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
I love this side dish. I make it here often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 3/4 cup shredded colby or 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Pierce potatoes several times with a fork.
- 3Wrap in foil.
- 4Bake until tender, 1-1 1/2 hour.
- 5When potatoes are done, cool slightly.
- 6Reduce oven temp to 350.
- 7Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add peppers and onions.
- 9Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 10Slice the tops off the potatoes.
- 11Carefully scoop out the pulp.
- 12Reserve the skins.
- 13In a bowl, mash pulp.
- 14Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, and veg.
- 16Spoon mixture into potatoe skins.
- 17Sprinkle potatoes with remaining cheese and bacon.
- 18Bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.2
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.4 g