Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love this side dish. I make it here often.
Make and share this Twice Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake until tender, 1-1 1/2 hour.
- When potatoes are done, cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temp to 350.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions.
- Saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the tops off the potatoes.
- Carefully scoop out the pulp.
- Reserve the skins.
- In a bowl, mash pulp.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, and veg.
- Spoon mixture into potatoe skins.
- Sprinkle potatoes with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
These were very good and alittle different from most twice baked potatoes. The flavor of the onion and bell peppers was the nice change. I used cheddar cheese inside the mixture and Monterey Jack Cheese for the top of the potatoes. I also used alittle more whipping cream (in place of the milk. We enjoyed these and will be making again :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was delicious! I loved the addition of onion and green pepper. I used bacon bits instead of real bacon. Thanks Beckpen! Oh, and I microwaved the potatoes the first time.