Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Comfort Food Made Easy
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 tablespoons bacon, cooked & crumbled
- vegetable oil
- Wash and dry the baking potatoes.
- Coat the outside of the potato with the vegetable oil.
- You don't want it dripping.
- Place the baking potatoes onto a baking sheet and bake at 400º for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the potato gives to a slight squeeze.
- Carefully slice the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Let sit about 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter and place in in the bottom of a heavy mixing bowl.
- Carefully using a spoon scoop out the inside of the potato and place it in the mixing bowl with the butter.
- Leave the shells on the baking sheet.
- Mash the potatoes up.
- Add the sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, and granulated onion.
- Mix together till thoroughly blended.
- Put the potato mixture back into the shells.
- Top each half with 1 Tablespoon of bacon bits.
- Place cookie sheet of potatoes in freezer.
- After they are frozen put the twice baked potatoes in freezer bags or containers.
- To eat them just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes.
- Can also be popped into the oven at 375 till just starts to get slightly browned on top.
- You want them just hot enough to melt the cheddar cheese.
- Cooking them to long will dry them out.
- Makes a great lunch or a side dish with dinner.
Yummy! I used 4 small potatoes so I halved the cheese, sour cream and butter. I also omitted the bacon. thanks for a good recipe!
These were excellent! Everyone enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. ~Lorie
These were very yummy. I didn't have onion powder on hand so I mixed the sour cream with a little french onion dip. The flavor was amazing. I also baked the shells for about 7-9 minutes because I like mine a little crispier. I will make these again!!