Recipe by HEP MEP
These are my favorite. I think the American cheese makes for a creamier texture. I believe I found this in a BH&G recipe book eons ago. I upped the amounts of ingredients to suit my own personal tastes.
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 3 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper or 1 dash white pepper (or more to taste)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Poke skins of potatoes and bake in a 425 degree oven for an hour to an hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and cool till easy to handle.
- Cut a slice from the tops of the potatoes and scoop out potato into a large bowl- reserve shells.
- Mash the potatoes with a hand masher while adding the milk.
- Add sour cream,shredded American cheese,green onion,salt and pepper to bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until potatoes are smooth.
- Spoon mixture into reserved shells.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish,cover, and bake in a 350 oven for 30-45 minutes,or until heated through.
- Uncover the potatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes.