Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
These creamy baked potatoes are sure to please! One of my hubby's favorites!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- onion salt
- garlic powder
- paprika (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash, pierce and then bake potatoes at 400°F for 1 hour.
- Take out of oven and cut lengthwise, in half.
- Spoon out meat of potato and put in bowl along with sour cream, butter and seasonings.
- Mix until all lumps are gone.
- Spoon back into potato skins and top with cheese.
- Place back in oven for another 20 minutes.
I served these at a bbq and they went over well. I cooked and prepared the potatoes the night before to stage one and added some garlic powder before replacing potatoes into skins. I placed them on a cookie sheet,covered with plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. I took the potatoes out,brought them to room temperature(about 1/2 hour)placed them in oven for 15 mins,removed them, topped with 4 cheese medley with jalapeno cheese and put them back in oven for additonal 3-4 mins. At this point watch carefully. They went beautifully with the steaks.
Wonderful. I mixed a bit of the cheese in with the potato mixture. We all loved them and will be making them often. Thanks!
These were very good. They were different than the other ones I've tasted. The onion salt and garlic powder put them over the top. Thanks for posting this recipe.