Prep 12 mins
Cook 50 mins
A hint of mushrooms in these potatoes! Very easy!
- 4 -5 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons low-fat margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 cup velveeta lite reduced-fat American cheese, chunked
- green onion top, diced (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Poke each potato 4-5 times with a fork or knife.
- Half-wrap each potato in squares of tin foil, leaving an opening in the top.
- Stir together melted margarine, garlic powder, and salt.
- Pour margarine mixture into the foil openings and seal the potato securely.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until soft.
- While the potatoes are baking, in a small non-stick saucepan at medium-low heat, stir together the sour cream, mushroom soup, and cheese, stirring frequently, until the cheese melts (approx 10 minutes), remove from heat.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and open the foil squares.
- with a knife, cut a groove into the top of each potato (BE CAREFUL, THEY ARE HOT!) and scoop out the insides with a spoon and put the scooped out inside in a large bowl, leaving about 1/2" of potato on the walls of the shell.
- Mash or whip together the sour cream mixture with the potato insides until creamy.
- (I sometimes reserve some of the sour cream mixture to drizzle on top before broiling) Refill the potato shells with the mixture and place on a broiler pan.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until browned, on the lowest broiler rack.
- Garnish with green onion tops, if desired.