Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Woman's World 5/9/00
- 4 large baking potatoes, about 2-1/2 lbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only, finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded, about 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake potatoes until soft, about 1 hour. Cool 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt 1 t. butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Horizontally cut off top 1/3 of potatoes; scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell. Sprinkle 1 T. cheese inside each shell.
- In large bowl combine potato flesh, leek mixture, milk, sour cream, mustard, salt and pepper with 1/4 cup butter and remaining cheese. If desired, transfer mixture into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe or with spoon mount mixture in potato shells.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake until heated through and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes.
I cut the recipe in half, and enjoyed the flavors! I served with salmon for a nice dinner. Thanks Jackie! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.