1 hr 30 mins
The family favorite holiday treat! Super tasty and can be easily changed up with your own favorite ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 large brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped brown onions or 1/2 cup green onion
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup bacon, pieces (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash whole potatoes well and dry off excess water.
- 3Poke each potatoe with a fork on each side. Rub each potatoe with olive oil and garlic salt, best to just get your hands "dirty" with this one.
- 4Bake on oven rack for 1 hour. Set aside and let cool.
- 5Once cooled, slice each potatoe in half (long side). Scoop out potato in to a mixing bowl leaving a "cup" with the peel intact, set aside peels on a baking sheet side by side with the open end up.
- 6Combine with the potatoe mix, milk, butter, salt, pepper, onion, sour cream, cheese, and any other desired ingerdients you enjoy with potatoes: broccolli, chili, bacon, etc.
- 7Mix well, mashing potatoes.
- 8Fill each "cup" with potatoe mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes.
- 10Serve warm and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beginner Cook Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 598.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g