Recipe by HELEN PEAGRAM_409512891
Great Cheesy Potatoes
Top Review by Bergy
This is an excellent recipe! A little trick I use is to put the potatoe shells in the oven before stuffing them for a few minutes so they get quite crisp and then fill them and continue as in your recipe. Thanks for reminding me I haven't made these for some time
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄4 cup chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion top
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub potatoes; prick several times with a fork.
- Place in oven; bake 50 to 60 minutes until potatoes feel soft when squeezed.
- Remove and cool 15 minutes; half potatoes length wise (carefully).
- Using a small spoon scoop out pulp into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Save the best 8 shells.
- Freeze the remaining shells for French fries or stuffed potato skins.
- Simmer milk and butter until butter melts.
- Pour over potato pulp and mash or beat until almost smooth.
- Add egg, half of cheese,salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mash until almost smooth.
- Fill shells using about 1/3 cup mixture per shell.
- Sprinkle with chives or green onion, remaining cheese and a little paprika.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place shells on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until puffed and brown.