Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a bit time-consuming, but SOOOO worth it! Perfect with grilled chicken or steak!
Make and share this Twice-Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 medium russet potatoes (about 5 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 scallion, minced (I usually use about 1/4 c. regular onion)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with fork and rub with oil.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- When cool enough to handle, horizontally cut the top skin off of each potato.
- Scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash scooped out potato, then stir in cheddar cheese, sour cream, margarine, onion, and seasonings.
- Stuff potato skins with mixture (don't be afraid to pile it in!).
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until hot, about 25 minutes.
We love these potatoes. I have been making them for years. I like to make a big batch of them and freeze them. Then they are ready to go any time I need them. thanks for posting
Made 4 large ones, plus baked an extra potato for more stuffing material. Really good recipe. The extra stuffing piled high made these extra good. Used super-sharp cheddar for tang. Sauteed the onions first before adding to the stuffing mixture. Coated the potatoes with butter rather than oil for baking...crispy skin. Line your baking sheet with foil to prevent scorch marks. Thanks, Manda.
Awesome! I halved the recipe because its just my husband and I but I didn't use onions, just because I was in a hurry and didn't want to mince them. I'm sure they would have been even better ( if thats possible)! Thanks