Recipe by Manda
These are a bit time-consuming, but SOOOO worth it! Perfect with grilled chicken or steak!
Top Review by Laureen in B.C.
We love these potatoes. I have been making them for years. I like to make a big batch of them and freeze them. Then they are ready to go any time I need them. thanks for posting
- 8 medium russet potatoes (about 5 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 scallion, minced (I usually use about 1/4 c. regular onion)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes with fork and rub with oil.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- When cool enough to handle, horizontally cut the top skin off of each potato.
- Scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash scooped out potato, then stir in cheddar cheese, sour cream, margarine, onion, and seasonings.
- Stuff potato skins with mixture (don't be afraid to pile it in!).
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until hot, about 25 minutes.