Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from www.parkay.com
- 2 large russet potatoes, baked
- 1⁄4 cup butter (Parkay Original Spread, tub)
- 4 slices armour bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out insides leaving a 1/4 inch shell. Reserve shells.
- Beat potato and Parkay in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until smooth. Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Spoon mashed potato mixture into reserved potato shells, mounding slightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Great stuffed potato -- buttery, cheesy and bacony. I'm going to lighten up this recipe next time by using substitutions to make it a bit less guilty: Smart Balance Light for the butter, fat-free cheese, and Bacon Bits. Hopefully it will still turn out yummy.