Recipe by jtrautwein89
A hearty and delicious soup. A crowd pleaser for entertaining or a tummy tickler for a rainy day!
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 8 -10 slices bacon, coooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425. Prick potatoes wih a fork, and bale for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the potatoes to a bowl and cover. Let potatoes stand for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and mash.
- Heat butter in a 3 quart saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in broth and 5 cups mashed potatoes.
- Place 1/3 cup broth mixture in blender. Cover and blend ucntil smooth. Pour the mixture into bowl. Repeat the blending process with the remaining broth mixture.
- Return all pureed mixture to saucepan. Stir in the cream and chives and cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is hot/.
- Spoon 1/4 cup remaining potato into each bowl.
- Divide the broth mixture among the bowls.
- Top with bacon, cheese and sour cream.